1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDFab Rip Really Slow...

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by abrogard, Dec 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abrogard

abrogard Regular member

I'm trying out this DVDFab Ripper. DVDFAb 9.1.1.1. The free portion of DVDFab9. I was pointed to it as a good thing.

I'd ask this question in their forum but they won't let me post yet.

Why is it so slow?

I have put the BBC Earth 'Human Planet' disk one in there and DVDFab has been running for 3 hours 16 minutes and it tells me there's 3 hours 34 minutes yet to go.

I put it on 'ripper' thinking this way there's minimum processing to do. I did it earlier on 'copy' and it went much quicker and made me a DVD5 of the whole thing. Which is not what i want.

I see here on 'rip' is says 'Conversion: One pass' so that sounds like it is doing some converting.

The object here is simply to back up my disks. I can't do it in DVD9, can I, because I can't burn DVD9.

So I need to turn it into a couple of DVD5's, I reckon. For the best result.

I tried DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink and I didn't get very good results.

If I'm wasting my time with DVDFab and there's a better way then I'd like to know about it.. I'm not committed to DVDFab or anything else...

Anyone got any ideas?

If it could be a hardware problem I've got an Asus A8NSLI here with an Athlon 64 3200 and a Radeon G800 card. 2G Ram.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.