1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with TargetSectors

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by blackbat, Oct 7, 2009.

1. blackbat

blackbat Member

I have been using DVD Rebuilder the past few months for my backups and have gotten it to do most of my encodes with no problems whatsoever. I use it with TargetSectors=2257500 under options in the .ini file.

On my current encode, I am used Remake to remove unwanted audio tracks and all extras. I encode using Rebuilder and Cinema Craft Encoder. What I normally do is hit Prepare. After Rebuilder has prepared the files I move over to the Preview/Edit tab and adjust the sliders.

On this movie, I adjusted the menu bitrate to a low but decent bitrate to save space for the movie itself. Now here's where I am hitting a snag. I've played around with the movie bitrate settings with every possible method of adjustment and my movie will come up pretty undersized (I like to get it as close to 4.37gb as possible) or oversized. For example, if I adjust the movie slider so that the bitrate avg is at 5,029, the end product is an .iso image sized at 4.16gb. If I then adjust the movie slider up one notch so that the avg. bitrate is at 5,034, the .iso then turns out to be 5.73gb.

This is the first time I have encountered this problem. Does anyone have any ideas or advice?

2. 8chaos

8chaos Regular member

irrelevant 6foot high pictures removed by moderator

Last edited: Oct 14, 2009
  3. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Don't do that again.

4. 8chaos

8chaos Regular member

kk, sorry was in the wrong place :(