1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows 7 issues with DVD Rebuilder

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by garaxiel, Nov 3, 2009.

1. garaxiel

garaxiel Guest

Hello all.

Recently i upgraded to Windows 7 Professional X64 simply because i do alot of things that required 64 bit (and a new machine at that)

Previously, i had a windows XP machine (same machine actually just now i have a quad core instead of a single core and 6 GB RAM instead of 2, same motherboard, just could not afford the fancy stuff when i bought the board) and after my upgrade i am having some issues.

Before, i would rip a DVD with DVDFab and then once ripped (in DVD 9 format) i would run it through DVD Rebuilder Pro with the HCenc encoder to make it fit on a standard DVD-r.

Now, since installing Win 7, i re-installed all my programs and i can rip the DVD just fine, but when it comes time to launch the encoder i keep getting an error that says.... MPEG 2 Encoder has stopped working.

that's it.

Im curious if anyone has fixed or seen this (the DVD Rebuilder and HC END forums have turned up nothing)

Or, if there is a process that does work with Win 7 that is just as easy/flawless as my old method.

and before you say it, i have never gotten DVD Decrypter to work properly like i have DVD Fab so i really don;t want to use it. Any suggestions or anything would be very helpful. thanks in advance.

2. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

I use 32-bit Win7 and can confirm DVD Rebuilder/HC Encoder work perfectly under Win7, i can't vouch for 64-bit Win7 though.

3. PCH_Dude

PCH_Dude Member

No problems with DVD-RB/HCencoder 0.24 using Windows7 64Bit.

4. usherMK

usherMK Member

Windows 7 does not that stable as i used to imagined

5. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

When UAC is turned up and/or not logged in as administrator, maybe you need to force DVD-RB and the HCenc .exe file to run as administrator.
    I thought AutoGK wouldn't work at first test but realized it wasn't able to call up the VDUBMOD part of the process. Once I turned off UAC and set as admin the problem went away.

6. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

DVD Rb works just fine with 64 bit Windows but you will have to give Win7 administrative permission to work. Try right clicking on it and in the menu choose run as Administrator. If that doesn't work you might have to give your encoder permission as well. I stopped using DVD RB some months ago and began using BD RB and it too works so just keep trying and you'll get it, but the answer is either setup or Administrative permission. One small note is that if you're using a firewall such as zone alarm it will also require permission to run under programs.

7. Deadrum33

Deadrum33 Active member

Thank you for expanding on and explaining my points a bit better than i originally did.
    Normally people try to discount or ignore my posts, nice to see someone agree and add to one.