AfterDawn Forums

problem adding .srt files to WMV using AVIAddXSubsith

This discussion thread has 3 messages.

Hi:

I have not used the subject program in a long time. When I did, all I had to do was match the .avi and subtitle files exactly with different extensions. I recently began using it again but am having problems with adding .srt files to WMV vids for playback in an external DVD player. I have no problem with VLC on my PC---I open it, go to the video drop down menu, select track, and must open the .srt file with windows os after going thru a 5-6 step process.

I next download to a thumb drive, plug into the DVD player and get only the movie w/o subtitles. I wrote for assistance to AVIAddXSubs and their response (excerpted) was as follows;
"Just put video and same name srt together and use the program. This is needed to do with hardware media players."

Didn't work for me. I sent another message asking for additional clarification but have not received a reply.

Can anybody simply the process for me?

Papaboy
▼▼ This topic has 2 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
AFAIK, it only works with the avi not wmv.
Hi Attar:

Thanks for the info. I thot that may be the answer.

Papaboy
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.