1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Tunes message

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by Shado36, Jul 20, 2011.

1. Shado36

Shado36 Guest

I am getting the messaage "ITunes is unable to browse album covers on this computer". I have downloaded the latest version (of I Tunes) & it now shows the title & artist of the song being played. I can see the album cover being played on the bottom left of I tunes but not above my song list. I am up to date with my microsoft updates & am running XP Pro. I have not connected up my ipod to it recently for fear that it might remove that artwork also, anyone any ideas please?

2. Mez

Mez Active member

You got that right! It is better to be safe than sorry.

No help. I stopped using itunes 5 yrs ago and never looked back. More than a third of the posts in this forum are trying to recover what itunes took away. If you are careful itunes is OK but like you are doing now, if you aren't sure don't do it! Eventually, they will get it right. I bet you are dealing with a bug.

3. chikaboo

chikaboo Guest

Have you by any chance
    I know of a classmate with the same (or at least similar problem).

She was able to fix it by downloading the latest version of Safari. Now she had a Mac. However, this should also work on a PC. It seems that there is some component of iTunes missing and by installing Safari, this component is (re)installed. Give it a try. Good luck!

4. Mez

Mez Active member

I will assume XP Pro isn't running on a Mac. Even Microshaft is not that incompetent to leave required modules from an application! As I stated before, use pod share or something like that to copy your music back to your computer then try winamp or Media Monkey. They are written by competents and don't try to wack your music at the drop of a hat. You might find winamp less confusing though both are far more complex than itunes minimul functionality. You could even continue to use share pod or some other free utility to do all your syncs.

5. Shado36

Shado36 Guest

Sadly Safari has not cured the problem but thanks for the suggestion.

6. Mickoz74

Mickoz74 Active member

Have you tried repairing itunes through uninstall a program, or uninstall and reinstall the program,before you uninstall while itunes is not open move all the music, videos to a new folder, when reinstalled copy music to automatically add to itunes in the music folder c: drive by default while itunes is open, keeping a backup copy of them in another folder incase it dose not work properly. keep backup music on another drive if able. while you reinstall the program and if quicktime is offered in the reinstall do that to.
    i use this method so my thousands of vinyl records on mp3 files never goes missing.
    note:
    the automatically add to itunes takes ages if you have a big file, mines 646gb takes hours for the backup to go into itunes but it's like gold dust though, its would take forever to re-rip, unless you have a conflicting program this should work.

7. Mez

Mez Active member

Yes, that would be the next step.

Mickoz74, you ever try Media Monkey? That is excellent for large libraries. It uses a SQL run time for its database engine. It may take a while to load the data but then it is very responsive. MM is much faster and more responsive using 100% of my library than iTunes is with 1%. ITunes is painful with only 1% of my library.

8. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

you guys know this is a 2yr old thread, don't you?