1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ipod nano wont allow me to add music?

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by tjschotz1, Jan 19, 2014.

1. tjschotz1

tjschotz1 Member

I've had this iPod nano for years. Its a couple years old. I haven't added music to it in ages. So I went to add more music to it, and iTunes won't let me.(I hate I tunes, I hate apple products but an iPod stores so much I just kept it bcs it was a gift lol?) Is it that an iPod can only be synched with ONE PC only then u have to reformat it and erase everything? Or is my data corrupeted(I'm not using the old PC I added the music with, so my old albums from that one are gone)
    I don't want to reformat the whole thing, bcs I don't have some of the music anymore. I drag the music file to it and a stop sign appears.

When I mean old, I has to be one of the first versions. No wifi, purple, but still slender/small nice looking.

I've looked all over youtube, but I'm tired, and Google won't help. Also are there any free programs to add music manually without iTunes? I hate I turn es. I love windows media player. But im broke so I can't go out and just buy a new mp3 player(even if it did what's a windows equilvilent for the iPod? The zune is gone lol)

2. atghawkin

atghawkin Regular member

You could try a program called sharepod I use it because you can then use more than 1 ipod on a pc

3. hanoobal

hanoobal Regular member

WinAmp - although this one is gone
    CopyTrans Manager
    SongBird
    MediaMonkey
    Sharepod

I didn't catch the problem you had with iTunes.

4. Mez

Mez Active member

What you want to do is figure out WHY you can't add music. Is the ipod full or is the itunes database corrupt.

I think sharepod might be you best bet if you don't get malware instead. The last time I looked for it what I downloaded wasn't sharepod (by Jeffry Harris I think). That will tell you how much space you have. You ought to backup your music before you do anything. Your pod could be 'hosed'. If you have space and still can't add. Delete everything then re-load from your backup.

The list above is a good one. I have never used Songbird but have heard of it.

BTW even though I hate Apple I will freely admit the ipod is worth the extra money. The rest are junk! Sandisk put out some OK product at a great price but the last few big mp3 players they produced are garbage. Only the clip isn't screwed up.

5. hanoobal

hanoobal Regular member

I agree, paying the extra cash for an iPod is much worth it. The only trouble comes when iTunes comes to the equation. That moment when you realize that you don't know what iTunes wants from you. Use an iTunes alternative to add songs to your iPod: How to add music and videos to iPod or iPhone without iTunes?[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
  6. Mez

Mez Active member

I stopped using itunes a few months after I got mine almost 10 years ago now. I found it terribly slow even with a small library. Mediamonkey can manage vast libraries but do not use the tool that tries to find an old tune that was moved. I moved the library to a bigger disk and it lost its mind looking for the old tunes. I had to reinstall it.

I prefer MediaMonkey for play lists and Sharepod for everything else. I prefer small 8-16 G devices and swap out the music/audio books monthly/weekly.