1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

250GB+ mp3/mp4 player

Discussion in 'Portable audio players' started by f1rules, Apr 14, 2010.

1. f1rules

f1rules Member

Hi,

Sorry if this is a double post, but I'm a newbie and can't find my other one, it may not exist.

I'm looking for an mp3/mp4 player with at least 250GB of storage, preferably more. (As much as possible.) I don't need it to connect to the internet, I just want it to play songs and videos i.e. mp3, mp4 etc. (It needs to support as many file formats as possible.)

I am replacing an iPod and do not want another one, I hate the fact that it ties you to one computer.

Budget: Ideally no more than £200 GBP, although I could stretch for the perfect item.

I'd also like quite a long battery life if possible, especially for watching video, but I appreciate I may have to compromise.

Also, it needs to be able to charge on a standard plug socket, not just a computer or docking station.

I realise that's quite a long list, but I am open to any and all suggestions.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks,

Nathan

2. Paula_X

Paula_X Guest

no such thing.. 32 gig is about the largest mini flash they make as yet

3. f1rules

f1rules Member

It doesn't need to be mini flash, a hard disk PMP is more what I had in mind if that helps.

Thanks

4. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

the closest thing i can even think of is the ipod classic 160GB model but i dont think you want that.250Gbs is huge i doubt you will find anything small and portable with that much memory.let us know if you do.

5. f1rules

f1rules Member

I think there's only the Archos range, but they have poor battery life for me, so they probably won't be an option, but I'll keep looking lol!

6. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

250GB of HDD storage is a bit too much what you're asking for...however, they come with expansion bays for (micro)SD...
    Here where you can have a look:

http://www.umpcportal.com/products/