1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creative Zen Micro- Stuck In Recovery Mode..

Discussion in 'Portable audio players' started by Greddy87, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Greddy87

Greddy87 Member

Hey guys.. Somebody has given me a Creative Zen Mirco MP3 player..Its the one with the funky blue leds around it..None of the programs, Manual or cables came with it..1st I found a usb cable for it..Its 2.0 USB Compatable..Took a look inside the Hard drive..Nothing inside..As if it was formatted..No files or folders.. I went over to the Creative site..Found the driver for it..Its charging but its always in recovery mode..Went to the creative site to get the Firmware for it..The Firmware itself wont recognize that the mp3 player is connected.. I have connected and re-connected the USB cord several times..Even tried a older update of the same Firmware to install and same thing happens.. I dont know if its my computer Operating System..(Windows Vista Home Premium 64 Build) Any suggestions?.. Thanks in advance...

2. Mez

Mez Active member

I will state the obvious. It is probably dead. You have spent more time than most whipping the dead horse. Mp3 players can be purchased dirt cheap if you really shop the internet. Get a refurbished one and by a service plan. You can buy one + 1 year warentee for about 25% of list without the extended warentee. That is a no brainer.