1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MP4 Help!Please!

Discussion in 'Portable audio players' started by xxmiyxx, Sep 28, 2011.

1. xxmiyxx

xxmiyxx Member

Okay,so my mom works at avon,and she got a mp4 as a gift.She didn't want it,so she let me have it.I loved it,but I started putting videos on it.Any video I put on there,even AIV
    videos,they will be in multipl colors,the wrong ones,and I can't fix it!It was like this when I got it.Please,does anybody know?

2. Mez

Mez Active member

1) Do the videos look OK on your computer?

Yes - then you Chipod doesn't play videos well try music instead.

No - get videos that do play OK on your computer then see if they play on your Chipod.

Note Chipods are made in China and usually are made from parts rejected from better player manufacturers. They usually have no warantee and some don't work right when brand new. You ought to feel lucky it is better than a boat anchor, if it is.

3. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

funky subject.. these things use some bloody weird formats. I have still not managed to make working video for mine even though the films it makes itself (it's a mini dv cam as well) play just fine.. damn asf format using a proprietary microsux m2s4 codec but with the streams reversed..

I worked for months and never got anywhere past the situation you have found.. splashes of colour with sound.

Now please tell all.. whats the make and model ..numbers on sticker or instructions.. did it come with any "utilities" disk and if so have you tried that? Maybe my 2 years of research work with the nasty codec and it's family and friends will have the answer.