1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mp4 player

Discussion in 'Portable audio players' started by chocoloco, Dec 6, 2013.

1. chocoloco

chocoloco Newbie

I brought a MP4 player on ebay from china.
    When I try to use it it says 'disk error'. I have complained and they have told me to reformat it but I have no idea how to and I did ask them but with no luck. As I am no computer wizz can someone please help me by giving me step by step instructions on how to do this.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum as not a news issue.

3. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

ok can you give us some idea of the mp4 player.pic or brand/model number please.
    did it come with software????a small disc maybe???

4. Mez

Mez Active member

Usually, you can't format anything that is not a true disk and is screwed up.

I would never by a Chipod. You actually pay good money for something that could be junk. If it is the best you can expect is to get a replacement which you pay the shipping and handling.

You are much better off getting a brand name so if it breaks you can get it fixed.

If you go back a few years in this forum you will find hundreds of threads about trying to fix chipods.

5. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

hi Mez.. oh yes indeed.. the flash memory has given up the ghost.. out with the soldering iron and a nice new chip.. my chipod came from aldi and after about 500000000 charging cycles it gave up. but it's 32 gig now with better batteries.. just shows eh? .. the secret is to open the damn things up and see what you have. I have seen real cheap ones using an actual plug in sd card.. tnq brand?. seen em??

6. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

ive seen the generic mp3 players at about $10 for 64gbs memory with mp3 playback.you get 6 months out of them.

7. Mez

Mez Active member

Greetings ps355528 I recognise that growl!

Actually I prefer the hammer. I would get more satisfaction.

In the old days you could get a return for shipping and handling. However, since in bulk you could buy them for a buck a piece they would actually be making money on the return.

When you can get a returned name brand for $40, you need to be very trusting to buy a chipod. In China they export defective products under a fake brand. Why trash something a fool will purchase. Since they live far away it doesn't matter if you upset them.