1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unable to stream WMV-HD Movie on XBox360 correctly

Discussion in 'HD DVD discussion' started by jimmybog, Jan 20, 2010.

1. jimmybog

jimmybog Member

I currently have a problem with streaming a 8Gb size WMV-HD movie from my PC using XBOX-360. The PC is using Windows XP Service pack 3. The media sharing software I am using on the PC is T-VERSITY. My home network is connected by BT Comtrend Powerline 200Mbps plugs. Both plugs are connected directly into the wall sockets. When I first played the movie, I played about 5 to 10 minutes of it and everything was fine. Now when I play it, after a few minutes it keeps pausing and a load bar comes up which looks like its loading the next part of the film. It then keeps doing this after every ten seconds or so? Any ideas on what I can do? Swap the Powerline plugs around?, Switch off and switch on the powerline plugs?, use different sharing software on my PC such as Orb?

2. Bigperm88

Bigperm88 Guest

First WMV-HD doesnt need T-Versity to play, becasue the 360 supports that codec, just share it off your PC.

Second. I have run HD powerline adapters for the last 2 years, and even my expensive Netgear HD 200Mbps can barely transmit over 30Mbps. You will never get 200Mbps let alone 100Mbps from them.

But you should still be able to stream even a 12GB file @ 20Mbps with no freezing. Can you test your speed on the connection? (Maybe bring a laptop down and do a speedtest through the powerline)

Your adapters could be failing, i went through 2 pairs on Belkin Powerline HD adaptors becasue they would just start to get flaky. The net gear ones are still working, but i have finally ran a hard line.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 2, 2010
  3. Belaward

Belaward Guest

SPAM removed

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2010
  4. hatetea58

hatetea58 Guest

well, i cant figure out how u stream your wmv-hd movies to your xbox360.
    Here is my way to stream videos to xbox360. U can follow:
    Step 1: Download Windows Media Player Software.
    Step 2: Launch Windows Media Player.
    On your Windows XP-based PC, launch Windows Media Player.
    Step 3: Turn on media sharing.
    Click the arrow below the Library tab, and then click Media Sharing .
    In the Media Sharing dialog box, select the Share my media to check box.
    In the list of devices below the Share my media to check box, select your Xbox 360 console.
    Click Allow .
    Click OK .
    Step 4: Configure your Xbox 360 console.
    In the Media area of the Xbox Dashboard, select Music, Pictures , or Videos .
    Select your PC. The PCs on your network are listed by name.
    Tip: if a media source is already selected, press X to select a different media source.
    Select an item to play it