AfterDawn Forums

Bootcamp XP question?

This discussion thread has 5 messages.

So, my friend is going to install XP with bootcamp. Only problem is, his macbook air doesn't have a disc drive. So can we copy the files from the disc and put them onto a flashdrive?
▼▼ This topic has 4 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
Yes, you can install Windows from a USB drive as long as it is big enough. Google it; you'll find plenty of information.

how big is the storage on the macbook air before you start

the reason i ask is simple if you only have 64 gig's of storage on the macbook air there will not be enough space to run windows xp you need 15 gig's plus a additional 5 gig's for updates
megadunderhead, don't need that much room for xp as have installed xp pro with service packs, updates, cleaner & anti-spyware\virus programs plus ms office on 20gig hd & still had at least 8 gigs free.

earlynovfan, i presume the airbook has standard usb ports & if so then can use external cd\dvd drive.
This message has been edited since its posting. Latest edit was made on 18 Nov 2012 @ 18:17
Originally posted by ddp:
megadunderhead, don't need that much room for xp as have installed xp pro with service packs, updates, cleaner & anti-spyware\virus programs plus ms office on 20gig hd & still had at least 8 gigs free.

earlynovfan, i presume the airbook has standard usb ports & if so then can use external cd\dvd drive.
Yeah, he also has an external hard drive. But he hasn't bought an external disc drive yet.
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.