1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photoshop error I've never seen before

Discussion in 'Mac - General discussion' started by MacGraphics, Oct 11, 2012.

1. MacGraphics

MacGraphics Member

Hello, I have been working in PS CS3 (yeah, yeah, I know!) on these images for about 2 weeks with no problem. Just yesterday 3 out of the 5 images suddenly would not open and PS displays the message: Could not complete your request because an unexpected end-of-file was encountered. In Finder, the image's preview is just horizontal lines, they make my PDF fail from InDesign and in InDesign when I switch to Overprint Preview, they disappear. There is nothing in the InDesign Links panel that suggests a problem.

Does anyone know how to fix it? The filename extension is .psd and I can't see any difference between the 3 broken files and the two that still work.
    Thanks for any help and advice :)

2. megadunderhead

megadunderhead Regular member

Actually this happens a lot in cs3 for some reason when you select save file as .psd it has a tendency to corrupt the .psd format it happens more often then you know the problem there is no real fix for the issue it happens once every 30 files and this is why we recommend in the photography field create 3 copy's of a file on a external hard drive one is your original 2 is your negative and 3 is your working copy this helps keep things in order and not mess things up .

Last edited: Oct 12, 2012