1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2years now and still looking

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by rachdane, Jul 3, 2009.

1. rachdane

rachdane Member

what a damned driver
    that was a long time now that i m looking for the "samsung sp1614c for xp" hard disk driver but without any result, this driver is already in original xp cd but i don't know how to copy it from there to another customized xp cd , i have done a comparison between the driver files on each cd and i found them the same
    where the hell this driver is located on the original cd and how can be configurated to load on setup ????
    in the manufacturer site i only found driver for 2000 & dos operating system.
    please if anyone can find it for me and show me how to configure it to load on setup i ll be very very very grateful

2. dailun

dailun Active member

Samsung SP1614C a SATA HDD. You don't need a driver for it.

If the SATA controller doesn't detect it, you have other problems.

You might need a driver for your SATA controller, but that's something totally different.

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

are you trying to load xp & the sata hd is not found? try changing the sata in the bios to ide.

4. rachdane

rachdane Member

i have the original xp cd and it installs without any problem and its setup detects the sp1614c hard driver and loads automatically thus the xp system will be installed but i don't like this original cd any more.

now i have another customized awesome xp cd like vista in look i have already install it on my friend computer but in mine it always say that the setup didn't detect any hard drive on your computer press F3 to quit
    which means that this customized cd doesn't have any driver for my samsung sp1614c hd, please if any one can find it for me will give the download link and how to integrate it into this customized cd

by the way why have you closed my other post it has nothing to do with this topic

what i need really in the other post is a bootable cd which only includes command prompt to allow me to excute command to log to my partitions and copy files or delete or format etc
    pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease help

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 5, 2009
  5. varnull

varnull Guest

If you have a disk which works and one which is obviously missing the sata driver then the obvious thing to do is to either use the disk that works.. and update from the other.. or remaster the one you do like with the driver which is obviously on the original.

It's not too hard to build custom xp disks with your driver set these days..

http://lifehacker.com/286125/

the X-S boys will be amazed I just linked to them by proxy XD

6. rachdane

rachdane Member

the link is down

Not Found
    The requested URL /tutorials-windows/3426-how-create-custom-windows-installation-disk.html was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8i DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.xtreme-source.com Port 80

Last edited: Jul 5, 2009
  7. rachdane

rachdane Member

sorry i already found the solution my self
    ignore this post or delete it

my awesome xp cd

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 10, 2009
  8. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

post how you did it so others can learn.

9. rachdane

rachdane Member

if you want really to know then follow this guide

i found it difficult to understand because it's in arabic i only followed images

in this site i noticed three methods

1-using true image workstation with universal restore and that is what i followed: i installed the customized xp cd on my friend computer and i back it up,i copy the backup image on cd and restore it from there to my computer and i add missing driver from my original xp cd when true image prompts me for it.
    if you follow this method other disk imaging soft will not work

2-using universal imaging utility
    backup xp on other computer after installing UIU and downloaded the required drivers and restore it on the other computer,the restoration may work if UIU has downloaded the missing driveres

3-i didn't understand it

oh come on i didn't have choice you know,i spent a whole day in front of this tutorial trying to solve this mystery untill i begun to see mist in my eyes
    i was redirected to it from another arabic english site
    it was only by chance
    when i first found this tutorial i was happy, i said 2 years of looking for the solution have come to an end cooooooooooooool!!!!
    yeah! arabic no problem, i'm going to use a translation site or engine at once.
    what????? damn the author have written this on photo
    unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Jul 14, 2009