1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help re-setting pc to sell

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by sageon, Mar 12, 2014.

1. sageon

sageon Newbie

hey guys, my friend wants to buy my new pc because its a beast and he is going to want to use trial programs that i have already used
    and the trials can only be installed on a pc one time, i don't want to rip my friend, so what do i do exactly?

....some of my pc specs are:
    - Windows 7 home premium 64 bit
    - 250GB Samsung ssd 2.5
    - 2TB 3.5 sata HDD
    - GIGABYTE GA-X79-UP4 Motherboard

2. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

the way to do it would be edit the registry to get any traces of them programs removed then put the trials back on.I can't give you exact instruction as i havn't done manually but it can be done.Also should be noted that messing with the registry can damage your computer if your inexperienced.

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

is the computer a namebrand or a clone? did windows come pre-installed or did you have to load it off a disk? did it come with a recovery disk or not?

4. aldan

aldan Active member

if you dont want to rip your friend off i would get rid of this trial bloatware.if he wants any of those programs he can always buy them.most trial programs dont have full funcionality anyway.i,personally,would be a bit insulted if i bought a computer that wasnt cleaned up first.

5. sageon

sageon Newbie

its a custom build I got the shop guy to do the bios but I installed windows 7 and some drivers myself which was scary as I am a newbe for example I didn't no what CLONE meant till I just looked it up, clone means a old rebuilt pc right , no its brand new,
    I have windows 7 home premium disc full licence,
    and he needs to be able to use the trials before he buys them

6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

clone means store built but not a dell, hp or lenova.

7. aldan

aldan Active member

i take it you are selling it to him with windows installed?just do a clean install of windows and reinstall the trials that he wants.

8. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

If this is a custom build with a fresh install of "windows 7 home premium disc full licence" it had NO trial software.. Let him dig up what he wants to try on the internet. It will be good practice for him to learn a little something. LOL Or, if you feel obliged, dig it up for him.... :)

9. sageon

sageon Newbie

i did a clean install, i found some rough instructions online for clean install, that fix the problem, thank you all for your help