AfterDawn Forums

outlook express 6

This discussion thread has 3 messages.

Recently the OE6 icon was displayed incorrectly. I deleted it and then took the icon from the ALL PROGRAMS list. I then tried to reinstall it as a independent program but a newer version was installed and the system would not continue. OE is also not listed in the ADD/REMOVE. How do I replace JUST the icon into the ALL PROGRAMS list or remove the program so I can reinstall it?
▼▼ This topic has 2 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
were was the icon displayed, on the desktop? did you do "send to desktop(create shortcut)" or what?
Originally posted by ddp:
were was the icon displayed, on the desktop? did you do "send to desktop(create shortcut)" or what?
The icon was displayed incorrectly. I moved it from the start menu as it was also NOT in the programs list. I was able to pin another correct icon to the start menu but NOT to the programs list. I ended up replacing the hdd and then cloning the original hdd and reusing the original. Issue solved the hard way. I did not see any screen in order to change the icon for any specific program.

If you do not have an AfterDawn.com accout yet, please enter a nickname and your email address below.

We will send an account activation link to the email address you provide, so please make sure to use a valid address. Content will be published on site after you have activated your account.

If you already have an AfterDawn.com account, please login using the next tab.

Login by using your AfterDawn username or your email address.

Reply to this discussion thread