1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

scanning with avg and adaware taking ages

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by blackworm, Feb 25, 2010.

1. blackworm

blackworm Member

hi,did a scan with a free registry error thing it showed up about 120errors. computer i use is a medion roughly about 3yrs old. only been reformatted once which my wife did i aint all that good with computers.
    was advised to do a repair not a full install to fix registry read into this and was advised to upgrade instead as it overwrites.come to do it and could,nt get upgrade up so my wife pessed to format c drive which she has done before not what i wanted to do but. we have a recovery drive /d/c/and e drive i think.we have been using adaware a avg for a while free versions scans in past have took about 60 to 75 mins now they are taking 2 hrs on each both avg and adaware have been installed and installed before is that what is wrong i hav,nt much idea myself any help appreciated thanks. john

2. blackworm

blackworm Member

any one any ideas please

3. scum101

scum101 Guest

try ccleaner first .. that's good at fixing broken regsitrys.

then for avg and friends.. you really need to configure where they scan instead of letting them do the whole thing over and over again taking hours

this is why the clever money always splits drives up into different partitions instead of the (seemingly universal windoze retarded) method of all on C