1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

stuck on preparing automatic repair

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by ponchoped, Mar 9, 2014.

1. ponchoped

ponchoped Member

Hi, i have a lenovo G580 laptop stuck in a loop where windows wont boot and keeps going back to the screen saying preparing automatic repair. i have tried to change the bios but that wont work either as it just keeps going back to that same screen. windows was pre installed so dont have a restore dvd or the like and have lost the usb recovery drive when i moved house. any ideas how to fix this issue would be greatly appreciated. it is running windows 8

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

what about the recovery partition which is pre-installed at factory other option is see if friends or piratebay have a oem copy that's the same version as copy of 8 on the laptop , so if the copy on the laptop is windows 8 thats what you need but must be oem or contact laptop maker & get a recovery dvd unless there's a hack like daz for win 7 in which case any version of win 8 will work,tho it would be better to recover the original