1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

W A S D keys improperly works playing games

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by TreePro, May 16, 2011.

1. TreePro

TreePro Regular member

My son uses the WASD keys to move up, down. left and right in gaming but, now he has to hold the "Ctrl" or "Alt" key to make it work. Then the space bar won't work with Ctrl or Alt held down, several other keys are not functioning properly also. He also can't type in the chat boxes. We have tried several keyboards, USB and PS2 type. He said it started after he reinstalled his operating system. Anyone with ANY suggestion are appreciated. He downloaded game on one of my computers and it works fine on mine so, it must be his computer. We tried Keytweak to remap keys besides the tools in game to remap keys neither works.
    He has ask many friends in games he play and several has heard of this problem but, no one knows how to fix it.
    The keys type correctly in word pad, the problem is when he tries to remap keys in game.

Windows XP Media Center 2005 But it shows up as 2002 in properties
    Gigabyte MA790GP-UD4H motherboard
    Phenom 2 550X2 Black Edition AM3 CPU
    Radeon HD 4850 graphic card
    OCZ Fatalty 550 watt power supply
    4 gig ram

THANKS for any suggestions
    If not windows problem and in wrong thread,sorry.

Last edited: May 16, 2011
  2. TreePro

TreePro Regular member

We found that Comcast "Constant Guard" uses some program to prevent key logger monitoring and this will mess with keyboard mapping. Uninstalled the Constant Guard and his computer works fine. When he reinstalled his operating system he wanted to install Norton antivirus and they have changed to Constant Guard from XFINITY with Norton. You can uninstall Constant Guard and leave Norton.
    My son is a happy gamer again and I am more pi$$ed at COMMON CAST(Comcast).