1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Win 7 Key

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by Mike50, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Mike50

Mike50 Member

I just downloaded and installed Win 7 Ultimate from Microsoft (file X17-59465.iso). Now I need a legal key. I've searched the MS site, get shuttled from one window to the next but can't find out how to buy a key. Can I use the key from any of the advertised Win7 downloads to activate my already installed version?

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

i seriously doubt you downloaded it from genuine microsoft website it was withdrawn from sale ages ago,only way to get a key is oem or ebay or use windows loader by daz

3. Mike50

Mike50 Member

You're right. I got the link to the file from the Microsoft site, the actual file came from msft.digitalriver.net. My question is, if I buy a downloadable OEM version, I presume it comes with a key. Will that key then work to register my installed win, or will that key only work with the purchased OEM system?

4. aldan

aldan Active member

the key only works for the version its attached to.if the oem os and the one youve downloaded are the same version you would be good to go.good old daz.lol

5. glyntamly

glyntamly Member

Replaced the hard disc on my laptop,got the download from digital river,googled for info re the required drivers,downloaded them from the internet all was o.k.I,m sure the license key was on a sticker at the base of my laptop.The upper case on the@ key wouldn,t work,poss because the version was american,changed it to u.k,and with a bit of messing got it to work.I,m no expert but hope this is of some help.Good luck.

6. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

If you own a computer with win 7 & have lost the key you don't need the key just download daz loader,you then install win 7 DO NOT ENTER SERIAL NUMBER,let win 7 install then run daz loader from desktop & reboot problem solved; works for vista as well

do not install windows update KB971033,would pay to manually download updates

7. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

watch closely for KB971033 and when it shows up right click and HIDE it. You shouldn't be bothered with it again and can have auto updates.

p.s. be sure to un-check the box on the left.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  8. attar

attar Senior member

It boot time to Desktop noticeably longer using a loader?

9. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

10. attar

attar Senior member

Thankee kindly, lad.

11. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

More than welcome, ole friend..

I have a loader and it's sloow.. but I have about 27 items working at boot time.
    That's why I never turn it off and only boot about once a week.. lol