1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

windows xp problem

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by joemc61, Nov 9, 2012.

1. joemc61

joemc61 Member

hi guys,
    hopefully this in the right place,my problem is this my daughters laptop(packard bell easynote mv35 202)was working fine till it froze and we couldnt get it working again.anyway i had a xp disc and installed that over original.although laptop now boots up there is no sound and the wireless isnt working,not sure whats happening but any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.
    thanks
    joe

2. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  3. joemc61

joemc61 Member

Hi JST
    Thanks for quick reply,will download them over weekend and let you know how i get on.
    Thanks again
    Joe

4. JST1946

JST1946 Regular member

Anytime man.Your welcome.

5. gangnam

gangnam Member

Hi all,

I run Windows XP and Internet Explorer 8. Quite recently, every time I try to open IE, it opens but then directly I get "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close" and in the toolbar I get "This tab has been recovered." After clicking through the 'Send,' 'Don't send' prompts, the process comes to a close and I get a final error message from IE.

I've done a few things, including IE reset, and have also checked for add-on problems. Then I started in Safe mode, and through that downloaded updated versions of Malwarebytes, Spybot, and CCleaner and did those scans, but the problem remains. I do have Microsoft Silverlight and recently also downloaded Adobe Flash Player, and read somewhere that these might conflict and cause the problem. Any ideas? - I'm stuck on this. Thanks

6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

gangnam, start your own thread about your problem as hijacking another member's thread is a forum rule no no.
    8. Don't reply with an off-topic comment/question -- instead start a new thread.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487