1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Avast! 9 has been released..

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by 2oldGeek, Oct 20, 2013.

1. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

For most of this year I have recommended Avast 8 Free for the Advanced/ Geek users and Bitdefender Free for the Novice and Newbies.

With this release of Avast 9 and the implementation of the Hardened Mode, I can safely say that it can now be recommended for Advanced And Novice users. Bitdefender Free still remains as a highly recommended Free AV for anyone.

The previous 8 real time scanners in Avast have been integrated into only 3 scanners, Files, Web and e-Mail with a lot less settings to be maintained.

DeepScreen has replaced AutoSandbox component to better fulfill the purpose. It is designed to clear all code obfuscating the true intentions of malware. When a file is labeled as suspicious, it is launched and analyzed in the sandbox.

A standalone layer of protection, designed for novice users only is the Hardened Mode.

This is a very good review -> HERE! Check it out…

2oG

2. aldan

aldan Active member

looks very good.just waiting for my avast girl to inform me of the update.lol.

3. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

You may have to click the update to get it... The sweet thing from Avast is at my house. lol :)