AfterDawn Forums

avg FREE

This discussion thread has 2 messages.

This is an open letter to newbies like me who had trouble with updating/activating avg FREE. I have 6 towers. Every time I have reloaded the OS, and then set up the desktop, AVG has always downloaded/installed/updated automaticaly. This time it did not update. "INVALID UPDATE FILE" multiple times. I wrote AVG to complain. The issue is to change your WINDOWS FIREWALL to "ANTI VIRUS NOT MONITORED". This will allow the update to function. I feel like such a dummy because this is the first time I came across this immediately after an OS reload/upgrade. Also I recommend running a scan immediately to avoid the annoying POSTPONE box. This same issue might prevent programs from downloading as well. I would check the firewall settings immediately after the reload. Lets you keep whatever hair you have left.
▼▼ This topic has 1 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
I like Avira free better but thats not the point. Thanks for the advice I guess?

This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.