1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

browser attack

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by binatone1, Jul 13, 2009.

1. binatone1

binatone1 Guest

i have a virus/trojan that has began to take over my browsing tool,it puts in the same address in the search bar(www2.megawebfind.com and then loads of numbers and letters)and then the web page displays numbers & letters,if i am downloading or working on the net it interupts,it,s just done it again and then i have to cancel from my browser.the pages it brings up shows one line of numbers &letters,but they change each time,can any body help me with this problem??i have ran nod32,anti malwarebytes,trojan remover,but they don,t show anything.

2. uszatok

uszatok Member

omg I have the same problem.. i dont know where is that edited by ddp from, but it appears in about 30 min breaks.. This is really annoying and I dont know how to fix it. I dont want to format my computer, can anybody help me with this?

EDIT: Actually i fixed my problem. I just scanned it by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. The first time when i did it, it has found only 1 infected file, and it did nothing, but when i scanned it second time my antivirus has found 3 infected files and when i restarted my computer the edited by ddp has not appeared. I hope you'll fix it too. Try ESET antivirus.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2009
  3. binatone1

binatone1 Guest

HI USZATOK,i got rid of it by doing a system restore and then updated my browser to IE 8,so far(touch wood)it has not done what it was doing before,like you say it got really annoying,i hope you have some luck getting rid of yours.i could not get any information on,i scoured the net but could not get any answers so i did the system restore.anyway good luck,i hope you get it sorted.

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

uszatok, watch the language, post edited