AfterDawn Forums

Browser Hijack/Locked Task Manager/Fake Spyware

This discussion thread has 2 messages.

Hello all,

Ive recently encountered browser hijacking, my desktop has changed to a menacing screen, and i cant start any programs because theyre infected says "Totaly Security" which i assume is some malware ive picked up.

I used to pay for spywayre doctor and AVG but my subscriptions run out and i didnt have the funds to renew them, i started to use antivir after a recommendation from this site sometime ago, when i encountered another serious problem (desktop hijack/couldnt view pictures)

I cant start antivir (or any other program such as hijack this or ATF) the task manager is locked and the desktop is a menacing short paragraph or so! I downloaded ad aware when the browser hijacks started, with the intention of downloading kaspersky and everything else recommended in the *READ THIS FIRST* post, but i didnt get to it quick enough it would seem!

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I think this one is a tough cookie!

Owilde
▼▼ This topic has 1 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
Did you try getting around the problem by going to safe mode?
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.