1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sandboxie program

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by whiskey99, Apr 3, 2013.

1. whiskey99

whiskey99 Regular member

HI,I was looking into a program called sandboxie any thoughts on this program good or bad.

2. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

not used it but it sounds good, cant help thinking though that its installed on your hard drive that nothing can get past it and once its gone is it really gone???????, You need a nasty virus to throw at it......albeit at your risk lol. let me know it sounds good and something i could use

3. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

Sandboxie creates a virtual environment for selected programs, allowing the program to run normally but in an isolated space. When you've finished with the program and close it, any changes made will be lost (unless specifically instructed otherwise). This is particularly ideal for Web surfing - Sandboxie allows all the browser's features but prevents those actions from being carried over to the underlying OS. In most cases, even if you do encounter a drive-by download and get infected, simply closing the session will also remove the infection. Just remember, you can make a bad choice and keep a program that is infected… Which programs to keep takes a little common sense and computer knowledge.

Sandboxie is free to try and use, but to get access to a richer feature set, you'll need to register and pay a one-time license fee of approximately $20 USD - good for use on any personal computers you use, including free updates for life.

Deepfreeze is another virtual machine program for browsing the internet and leaving all the “Bad Guys” behind. I personally use it in order to download Trojans and Malware in order to find the best way to remove them without infecting my Real computer.

2oG

4. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

I personally use it in order to download Trojans and Malware in order to find the best way to remove them without infecting my Real computer.
    sweet, can't argue with that, soooooo "It does what it say's on the tin", thanks for input and I trust you as I have read lots of your posts in the background :)

5. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

OOOh oooh, don't run off I'll get my PayPal account for a small donation.. Guess you know, the pay here Sucks Pond Water. :) LMAO

2oG

6. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

If anyone is still interested in SandBoxing, here's a little more info that should be considered:
    read and heed,
    2oG

7. Mez

Mez Active member

I LOVE Sanboxie. I have used it for years. What I like best is that your browser can't be updated inside the sandbox and you get an error message when the fire wall is hit. You get a feel for just how unsafe the internet is with your current security suite. If you have excellent security you will not see an attack ever. I suggest you empty your sandbox when you see that message most attacks are multi-pronged. I have run into problems when I didn't do that.

The other great part of the app is you can review what is in your sandbox. You can accumulate over a thousand files and folders within an hour or two. I have found copies of apps I have in weird places and DLLs. Since I didn't install any of these I assumed they were malware that had gotten through all my other defenses. When I see malware suspects I have run virus scans on my sandbox just to see if the scanners could detect the malware. They never have detected anything. I always empty my sandbox at the end of a browser session.

8. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

2oldGeek, try being a moderator on this site because i haven't been paid yet except for a tee shirt, a towel & a box of belgian chocolate years ago.

9. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

Well, ddp, that's a lot more than I've got over all these years..

[​IMG]

10. ddp

but i also done a hell of a lot more posts then you have as just under 60k, both mod posts & replying to members in need of help.

11. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

Gosh, you're my hero...

12. ddp

i know.

13. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

Where's your Grammar? Prolly home wif Grampaw, huh?

Use Then When referring to time or a sequence of events.

We ate pizza and then went for ice cream.

Use than When making a comparison.

She’s at least 6 inches taller than he is.

My hero just went down in flames.............. [​IMG]

14. ddp

tired & sore because i was helping neighbor doing sofit & facia. legs having trouble going up the ladder after a while.

15. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

At my age, I will still climb a ladder as high as I can go -- with one foot on the ground.

16. ddp

but were you born with a disability because i was?

17. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

Wasn't born with it but in 1972 I rolled a car 7 times end over end. was thrown out at about 90 mph and rolled down the highway. cracked my skull, was in a coma for 2 weeks and disabled for 10 years. was paralyzed on the left side and still have trouble walking and bad coordination on that side. That's why I say I have to keep one foot on the ground. I played with computers for the 10 years I was disabled and then went to work for Tandy Corp. I was a programmer for a Railroad Co. before I had the accident. Been working in IT Dept for a hotel chain for last 25 yrs. just retired at 71.

18. ddp

i was born with cerebal palsey. diagnosed with it about 3yrs old, operated twice on my legs when i was 4 & 10yrs old so i can walk somewhat properly. it affected both legs, my left arm & my speech. most people see the legs but others see the arm & not the legs. i am slowly loosing mobility as use to throw leg over the mountain bike to get on it but now have to lift the leg over the frame with the bike laying on it's side on the ground.

19. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

Well, it's nite nite time for this old geek. CUL keep the faith and may God bless you.

20. attar

attar Senior member

My better half uses this bike.
    It's no lightweight;it won't win any beauty prizes but it's easy to mount.

[​IMG]