1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

data recovery for micro sd card

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by pomp3y, Nov 3, 2011.

1. pomp3y

pomp3y Regular member

Hi I'm having a problem with my microSD card, if I plug the card into a USB adaptor my laptop won't even see it there I'm using windows 7 home premium 64bit.
    It don't even read on my eeepc which is running linux ubuntu, but if I stick the card into my old Samsung tocco lite my laptop sees it there but tells me to format it, the main problem with that is I have a lot of files and that on there I don't want to lose I've tried googling for a recovery program but some don't pick the card up at all and others pick it up but say theres nothing on there.

I'm really suck on this it did happen a few years ago and I managed to sort it but I've lost touch with anything to do with computers at of late and can't remember what program I used.

Really need help with this and in advance would like to say I appreciate you taking your time to get back to me

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

easeus may have something or perhaps distro watch search for system rescue or other similar dedicated linux recovery software or web search UBCD (ultimate boot cd) or hirens

http://distrowatch.com/

3. pomp3y

pomp3y Regular member

I've already tried that easeus even though I got a Intel I3 processor it taken over 7 hours to scan though
    And it found nothing but I know there is.
    I'll have a look through that site and that but it don't look good from my point of view

4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Sounding more like it's corrupted beyond recovery

5. pomp3y

pomp3y Regular member

thats the way its looking to me aswell shame really i had a load of ebooks on there more importantly a nintendo wii file system back up and loads and i do mean loads of ps3 saved game files not impressed one bit.

the funny thing is with this though is it hasn't even been used of left where anyone could of got it a messed with thanks anyway peps guess i'll just have to let go

6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

7. pcrepair

pcrepair Regular member

try rescuePro sdcard recovery