1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DEFRAGGING

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by whiskey99, Jan 31, 2014.

1. whiskey99

whiskey99 Regular member

HI,I did not know this may go,but i thought i would start here.

I ran the AUSLOGISTICS DEFRAG program on my sons PC and when it got done there was what look like a lot area that needed to be defraged but it would not go any farther so looked into their AUSLOGISTICS BOOST program and ran it and it came up with 3.7GB of disk space that could be recovered,but my

question is,is this a legitimate program not like some them that are just a bait&switch program wanting you to buy their program.

The AUSLOGISTICS program is a free download,but is it safe to run their program to clean up his PC,there were some problems in the registry which is one

that should be left alone and just clean up the rest of the so-called problems that program came up with,your input would be appreciated before going further,thank,s

2. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

Reg cleaners and Boost programs are SNAKE OIL!

3.7Gig is probably less than 1% of your HD capacity and not enough to make any difference in speed.

Clean his machine with Malwarebytes and AdwCleaner then defrag and forget about the Boosters. Auslogistics has good reviews so is probably an OK defrager.

If you have any other problems, give me a shout in the virus/spyware forum.

3. aldan

aldan Active member

hes right they are crap.as for defragging there is nothing wrong with the one that comes with your os (win7 and above that is).one thing i have noticed is since ive been running win7 it almost never needs a defrag.xp was another story.as for disk cleanup,again the one that comes with your os works very well.if you must use a registry cleaner i would use ccleaner and use the registry backup from tweaking.com.(thanks 2old).i have a hunch we will be seeing more from you in the virus and spyware threads.lol.

4. 2oldGeek

2oldGeek Active member

Killjoy!

You are right windows 7 defrag is OK.. actually I think whiskey's OS is XP.. Everyone is looking for something better.lol

I happen to use MyDefrag and have it scheduled for a daily, weekly and monthly at 1am and never hear from it but always have a tight, fast HD. but then I got geek running in my blood. :)

Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
  5. Tma55

Tma55 Newbie

Go in and remove the restore points and then run it again