AfterDawn Forums

Need help recovering data fom reformated hd. I have tried recuva and get data back.

This discussion thread has 4 messages.

I thought I backed up my documens wich had mw HAWX game save in it. But It was not backed up.

I have tried using rucuva and even looked at the guide here but I wasnt able to get my documens back.

I have also tried getdataback, with no luck. but I stuck to just the basics with getdataback.

Any advice or advanced tactics would be great.
▼▼ This topic has 3 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
jony218 Suspended due non-functional email address
have you tried photorec? It's a free software that comes with testdisk, it can recover many different formats. Some people here in the forums have had good results with this program.

http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/File_Formats_Recovered_By_PhotoRec
I am in the process of using photo rec. i tried using it but my destination did not have enough space.

I will clear my external then I should be ok.

I have noticed the program doesnt list the drive with xp first.
How can I be sure I am recovering the correct drive(the one with xp on it)?

how can I be sure Im picking the right destination drive? I dont what to save the files by mistake to the drive I want to recover?

my third and final question is what do i do after i have recovered the the files? they are only identified by a number. How do I identify them?
i think i am just going to give up. its just a game save and its fun to play through anyway. besides i used getdata back and thand did not find it plus i dont know the name of the game save file. i would have to find it in the hawx folder.
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.