1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pagedefrag

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by whiskey99, Mar 1, 2013.

1. whiskey99

whiskey99 Regular member

HI,I have what i perceive to be a problem with defraging my PC,one of the scans i have run in last few days said i had as many as 6169 files and when i downloaded (pagedefrag)
    it showed me the files and that it could remove them,but my not being a computer expert i
    am leery about running a program that might remove a file that should not be removed or is this program smart enough to take out just what is necessary as one of the files pagedefrag found had 130million bytes to it,also can pagedefrag take out a highlited file,sorry about the long post,thank you

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

130million bytes is only 123mb not a hell of a lot

from what i can tell page defrag removes nothing it only defrags the drive,personally i'd delete it & install defraggler,once installed select drive you want defragged & hit defrag it will take a while if you do a full defrag,once that's done you can set it to defrag before boot to defrag pagefile or hybernation file or both as for any more info read its help

ccleaner can remove useless files however be sure to let it create a registry backup it will prompt you