1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

toshiba satellite password reset

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by compman72, Aug 6, 2009.

1. compman72

compman72 Member

I have a toshiba satellite as I mentioned before. When I turn it on, I get the blue box that requires the password, I have forgotten the password and do not know how to go around it to reset it, can you please help me with this. It is running windows vista

2. jodav

jodav Regular member

3. compman72

compman72 Member

I have the original discs but not sure what to do to keep from losing the info such as pictures by doing a total recovery.

4. jodav

jodav Regular member

I misunderstood your question, thought you meant the BIOS password.
    To clear the windows vista password is easy. Download hiren boot disc here. Unzip and just burn the iso to CD, boot up to CD and select password recovery tools, active password changer. Then follow the prompts to reset the password.

5. compman72

compman72 Member

I went to the site downloaded the program unzipped and burned the iso but when I tried to boot it up, it did the same as before, went staight to the enter current password screen. When I opened the progam on another computer, must of the folders inside refered to windows xp, I did not see anything referring to vista and thought that maybe the program was not compatible. If you can think of anything else, let me know please.

6. compman72

compman72 Member

I burned the disc on an windows xp operating system, would that have any effect on the burning as to whether it would work or not as it is needed on a windows vista computer?

7. jodav

jodav Regular member

Hi compman72,

Sorry for late reply, what you need to do is use nero or roxio or simular cd burning software (OS does not matter), you then use the burn image option, then select just the iso you have unzipped. Once you have burned iso disc make sure you set your boot options in the BIOS to boot to CD 1st. Once booted to CD it will give you the option to 1-boot to CD, 2-boot to mini XP, 3-boot to hard drive.
    Choose boot to CD and follow previous instructions.
    Yes this resets Vita passwords no problem at all, i have reset many Vista machines,

Again sorry for the late reply, post if any probs but you should not have any at all. Good luck.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  8. compman72

compman72 Member

thank you, got it to work fine, I was in a hurry yesterday and forgot to change the boot order, once I did that everything was good, thanks again.

9. jodav

jodav Regular member

No problem glad you got it sorted. many more programs available when you boot to mini XP. Hopefuly CD can help with future problems.