1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will WIndows XP Defrag program work on Windows 7?

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by Jaknife, Sep 5, 2010.

1. Jaknife

Jaknife Guest

Hi all, I just got a new machine with Windows 7. I like the Defrag program from my old XP machine much better and was wondering if it can be copied and installed on my new 7 machine. I had success doing similar with XP Paint, copied and installed on 7 machine and it works fine. If anybody knows I'd appreciate hearing from you. Thanks.

2. aldan

aldan Active member

are you talking about the defrag program that comes with xp? if so there are much better ones out there than that.most of them are compatable with win 7.and free as well.

3. Jaknife

Jaknife Guest

Hi Aldan, yes, I refer to the one that came with XP. I like it much better than the one that came with 7. If you can suggest any as good as XP's or better that are free I'd be grateful. Thanks.

4. Jaknife

Jaknife Guest

Hi Aldan, yes, I refer to the one that came with XP. I like it much better than the one that came with 7. If you can suggest any as good as XP's or better that are free I'd be grateful. Thanks.

5. mistycat

mistycat Active member

6. aldan

aldan Active member

iobits smart defrag is another worth a look,and free as well.

7. Jaknife

Jaknife Guest

8. Jaknife

Jaknife Guest

Thanks mistycat, aldan, I appreciate the information, I will do some downloading and check them out. Thanks again.