1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blutooth Speakers Stop Working In Steam Games. (Please Help Going Crazy)

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by Lanzbuh, Dec 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lanzbuh

Lanzbuh Newbie

I have recently purchesed a bluetooth speaker to play steam games with rich sound. I custom built my PC, not realizing i didnt have bluetooth support. I purchesed a UBS bluetooth adaptor from bestbuy. Its manufacture is "Rocketfish". Everything is set up properly, as far as i know, because for youtube videos/music it works great. However, once i start up steam, and pick a game to play, there is NO sound what so ever. This can even happen when im playing music from say itunes in the background. I can still hear itunes, but my game has no sound. Even with nothing running in the background, there is no sound once i play a steam game. I tested with NON steam games, such as wow, and other games work fine. I installed the driver disk that came with the UBS blueooth adaptor. Im really not sure whats going on, what steam is doing to make it not work, but its very frustrating. Any help is much appricated.

I cant post you guys links to the speaker since im a new member, but a quick google of -

Rocketfish USB Blutooth Adaptor

and

Bose Wireless Soundlink Mobile Speaker (the original not the II)

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    My computer is a custom build, windows 7 - (all information taken from the "System Information" tab.)

AMD 6100 six core processor
    GForce GTX 650 TI
    ------------------
    Audio
    ------------------
    Realtek High Definition Audio
    Nvdia Virtual Audio Device Wave Extensible (WDM)
    Bluetooth Hands Free Audio
    Nvdia High Definition Audio
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Thank you for your time.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2013
  2. Lanzbuh

Lanzbuh Newbie

Okay so it DOES work for some games. But some games are just silent. I really do not understand. This is a list of games, hopefully someone can help me solve this. Very comfused as to why some would work while others wont.
    ----------------------------------
    Unworking games -
    Call of Duty World At War
    Killing Floor
    Killing Floor Mod Defense Alliance 2
    Unreal Tournament 3
    Trine 2
    ----------------------------------
    Working Games -
    Darksiders II
    Metro Last Light
    Left 4 Dead 2
    Farcry 3 Blood Dragon
    The Elders Scrolls V: Skyrim
    Dishonored
    Warframe
    Torchlight II
    Audio Surf
    -----------------------------------------
    ALL NON STEAM GAMES WORK -
    The House Of The Dead 1-3
    World Of Warcraft
    ------------------------------------------

3. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum. being you have sound for itunes, youtube & some steam games than look at steam for the problem.

4. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

im thinking its the games audio settings.most games have a menu to change audio settings.

5. Lanzbuh

Lanzbuh Newbie

Yeah ive been searching options in steam all over, as well as ingame options, none seem to adress the problem. I bought a AUX wire to hard-connect, and this works, but id still like to know if anyone has a reason why Bluetooth wouldn't work for some games and, and is fine with others.

6. Lanzbuh

Lanzbuh Newbie

This was what i first checked after i made sure everything in windows was working properly, unfortunatly. Its rediculous, if the windows settings are working fine, and the game doesnt have audio options that would apply to the situation, then i mean, im just at a total standstill and loss as to what needs to be done. An example of in game options is call of duty. It says "To change the sound output, change your default windows device." In windows, the bluetooth speaker is the default device. ??wtf?? : (

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.