1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Caesar IV error in Win7

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by Daeds, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Daeds

Daeds Member

I've dusted off my old Caesar IV game to try again. But I can't really...

I install the game. it adds missing directx 9.c files....NET it says is fully installed. I patch it to 1.2 from heavengames

When starting the game everything goes fine untill I laod the first tutorial game (which I need cause I've forgotten how everything works).

It wil load but after a while I get an error in the background that stop progress. It says that an application can't execute and that its in the .Net 2.0 that the game needs. I click it and tab back into game. The scenario loads and is playable but no tutorial help / obejctive compeltion fires off, so its impossible to advance to stage 2.

I've scoured the internet for older help in win 7 but sofar no joy - so I'm wondering if anyone here is able to run Caesar IV in Win7

Win7 home 32bit fully updated.
    .Net 4.0 fully updated.
    DirectX 9 installer run
    Graphics driver fully updated

Last edited: Apr 10, 2011
  2. Shiney7

Shiney7 Guest

Have you tried installing and running in XP Mode;

Code:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows7/products/features/windows-xp-mode

3. Daeds

Daeds Member

Sadly win7 Xp mode doesn't work with Win7 Home. Only with the Proffessional, Enterprise and Ultimate versions of Win7

4. Shiney7

Shiney7 Guest

Had the same problem with Call Of Duty 1,just gave up in the end