1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Counter-Strike 1.6 + Windows 7 = Disaster

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by FliE, Feb 23, 2010.

1. FliE

FliE Member

Hello,

Not long ago I bought a new computer and installed Windows 7 as the OS. Other games run smoothly (for comparision, FarCry 2 very rarely goes below 80FPS on ultra, DA: Origins usually runs @ 120FPS and so on), but Counter-Strike 1.6 is unplayable because of graphical errors. They have always been there, but after I installed new drivers today they became much much worse. I can correct or at least patch these problems up by installing the old drivers back, but before I do that I'd like to know if there's an actual fix for this?

My rig is 920 i7 Quadcore running @ 3,8Ghz, XFX HD 5870 @ Newest drivers (10.2), and I'm using Win 7 Ultimate, with all the latest patches. Should be mentioned that I've been experiencing strange graphical errors with Aero as well, but I got rid of them by simply disabling Aero.

I uploaded a video on youtube that shows the errors in action. There will be another one up a bit later but you'll see what I'm talking about from this one as well. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ejl1JPE6fjc

2. hawk__0

hawk__0 Member

Really? I played it find in win7 on my box at work with integrated graphics lol.

What rendering are you using? OpenGL, Software...?

3. FliE

FliE Member

OpenGL, and I've tried several different resolutions too, but no dice.

I'm starting to think it's a problem with my installation of win 7, as some other games have shown signs of similar errors, FIFA 10 most notably (although only on main menu).

Will try a reinstall at some point, hopefully it solves the problem.