1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Halo: combat evolved cannot see all servers (sulution given and experience needed)

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by Niels4all, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Niels4all

Niels4all Member

I had a lot of trouble whit halo combat evolved, but this problem is one of the hardest i found! Many players of halo (or haloce) encounter problems finding a specific server. So did I. lots of googeling and reading forums didn't help me out. But now I finnally know what is going on!

For everyone who has this problem and tryed everything, i'm sure you didn't cheak this before!

Halo had a lot of updates, so there are a lot of versions of halo combat evolved. The newest at this moment is 1.09.260 (or somthing like that). However, most servers are stucked some versions lower! The version of your halo.exe (or haloce.exe) file is the key to showing the servers in the gamespy list. You can only see servers whit the same version!

The problem: I'm not sure how to fix this! You could search for an other version of halo on the internet. However i found out that replacing a halo.exe doesn't always allow halo to work propertly. (Making a backup of your current version could help you if you want to try it out.) You miight need different dll aswell.

Now you think: 'But haloupdate says i have the latest version!' Well, halo update sucks! It doesn't always update your halo to the latest version. To get it i advise taking a look at www.halomaps.org.

For dedicated servers there is an different way. google
    halo sapp.dll
    sapp.dll gives you server more options! including changing your server version to a lower one and back! This way you can decide who can see and who not. (whitch version)

Now my question to people whit experience of making fixes to games!

Does anyone know a way to make a server joineble for different versions clients at the same time?

Is there a way to show all haloserver versions in your gamespylist and to be able to join all of them?

Thanks for reading! I hope someone can help me out.

2. zDWMzWizard

zDWMzWizard Member

Yes, it is possible. You can use something called Goemitar Version Changer Strings.dll, which is just a file called strings.dll that you put in your halo PC/CE directory (it works on both games). You can find the file and information here:
    http://goemitar.wordpress.com/