1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Buy Pissed Me Off

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by KillerBug, Sep 14, 2009.

1. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

On friday I got something in the mail from best buy...$100 off a XBOX360 Elite. Given that the price has been $300 for a while now, I got $200 together and headed down there yesterday.

But when I got there, I was informed that the $100 off deal only applies to the $399 list price that they were still using! WTF!

What a waist of gas and time...Best Buy Sucks!

2. wabashman

wabashman Active member

not sure why it pissed you off. the arcades are 200, so dont really know why you thought you could get an elite for 200. and even the xbox commercials state 100 off and a new price of 300.

3. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

The add was for $100 off on the elite...but they charge the same ammount as everyone else. There was not "Xbox 360 Elite now $299" it just said "$100 off" like it was a coupon.

I'm mad because they waisted my fuel & my time. I'm mad because they are killing countless trees in order to send out false advertising. I'm mad because I know that without Circuit City, they can play these games all they want.

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

better business bureau?

5. homesick

homesick Regular member

once you know, you newegg.

6. homesick

homesick Regular member

Here ya go

Xbox 360 Elite for $249 (with rebate) until Oct. 5

by Alexander Sliwinski { 17 minutes ago } Breaking News

[​IMG]

Microsoft is offering a $50 mail-in rebate on all Xbox 360 Elite purchases starting today (September 22) and ending October 5, making the previously $400 console SKU a mere $249. The offer is valid only in the US, but purchasers can certainly use that cash-back toward component cables, a Wi-Fi adapter, HD transfer cord, HDMI cable or ... any one of the many missing peripherals that brings "flexibility to consumers."

Link to rebate form (not currently available, but should be later today.)

[Via Major Nelson]

7. mike.m

mike.m Regular member

Ahh how I love Best Buy. The place of poor customer service, and in every section there is an employee who has not the slightest knowledge of the items that they are selling. Gotta love Em.

True story, I was at Best Buy last year before Christmas, and I asked this teen who was working in the Blu-Ray section if they had any more of the Sony S550's in stock. He was standing RIGHT BESIDE the player and had no clue of what I was talking about. I pointed to the player and said, "That one". He even said, "oh...yeah, you know way more than me", I then asked him "why are you in the blu-ray section then?", he replied, "I'm just doing this for the holidays".

Where the hell does Best Buy find these employees? It's not like one or two, it's the entire staff that doesn't know **** about technology, yet they sell electronics in tech store.

I also love how I need to spend at least $400 to receive a $5 coupon. A coupon that expires right before the day you head back over to best buy.

And another thing, last week I was going to check out the WD TV Live HD media player. I checked the local store stock online on Best Buy, and it said In Stock. I get to BB, and guess what, they don't even have the item/price tag/description on the store shelves. Wasted time and gas. I have the same issues with Staples and Future Shop too. I swear, tech employees are getting dumber and dumber by the year.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2009
  8. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

This is no accident. They activly discriminate against anyone who knows what they are talking about, as these people tend to steer customers towards quality equipment, even when the POS equipment costs more.

My bluetooth headset (motorola) died on me, so I went to bestbuy to get a new one quickly. They have their selection of blutooth headsets scattered around the store, and no one seemed to know where the others were, even though I was able to find them all myself after walking around for about 10 minutes. Their selection of brands was big enough, but they seemed to carry only the worst model from each brand...none of the good stuff, despite the prices that would only be appropriate for top-end stuff. I'm ordering from newegg...I can wait.

In retrospect, I am glad that they didn't have the $200 elite deal...I only wanted it for GTADLC, and buying it for that reason would make me an accessory to bribery.

9. bestname

bestname Member

i dunno they some times have pretty good deals u just gotta look around. the best was my skull crusher skull candy headset that i got for $20 cheaper than i could have online, but if ur talkin about gaming GET OUT! of best buy asap and go to game stop.