1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

does anybody know anything about this afterdawn user

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by trav1085, Sep 26, 2009.

1. trav1085

trav1085 Guest

did a deal with sgtwesker to trade a bunch of stuff for a psp. i payed shipping both ways. his shipping was $50 and It's hard to get contact with him and apparantly he's really sick. I also bought a battery for the PSP as mine didn't have one and part of the deal was it had a battery. IT was only $5 from dealextreme but turned out it didn't work so he bought one for $30 at walmart.

He seemed very legit and I would really like to believe him but I don't know, surely he could get somebody to ship for him?

He even gave me his real house address and his phone number checks out (called him, he got in trouble by his father whom he lives with (though he's married?)).

i think this is the best area to post because i might have just lost a PSP and $50 :( but then again I fail because I never asked for pictures or anything.

what do i do if it a scam? I have all the emails and his post is on afterdawn still, not to mention I have the shipping receipts and such to prove I shipped to him.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

buy & sell forum rule
    7) AfterDawn doesn't take any responsibility whether a trade has been successful or not. We wont answer to any requests to determine seller's personal details, etc. Trading takes place between two individuals, AfterDawn simply provides a space for individual user's to post their classified ads, but doesn't act as a broker between the two parties involved.
    if paid by paypal then talk to them.

3. trav1085

trav1085 Guest

Is that a real forum rule or are you just covering your asses? (The reason I think it's not a real rule as it's poorly written)

I wasn't going to edited by ddp blame Afterdawn or anything, I was just edited by ddp asking if there are any members who have done any unsuccessful deals with him.

Edited by ddp you.

4. ddp

Last edited: Sep 27, 2009
  5. homesick

homesick Regular member

weird huh ddp?

:)

case adjourned

6. trav1085

trav1085 Guest

because I posted another messages with a edited by ddp of swears in it and they all got edited by ddp.

i found that edited by ddp hilarious and decided to replace my own swears with edited by ddp.

7. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

Hehe thought so as the post itself doesn't say it's been edited. Good one:)

8. homesick

homesick Regular member

lol how is he not suspended yet?

9. trav1085

trav1085 Guest

edited by ddp off homesick

why would the mods waste their time banning me? they should focus on the spammers and scammers on this forum. not the users with complaints against errors

youtube has banned me three times (which is why my account is trav10854) and did I ever give up? No.

every single time right after being banned I create a new account with another email under a very obvious name.

If I am banned, expect trav10852 to occur and so on. it's not that I am a spammer or anything, it's just that the mods can't take a little edited by ddp critisism or anything.

:/

10. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

We're very easy going here but one thing we don't tolerate is anyone coming back over and over, it would be childish, immature, stupid, annoying and downright pointless. So basically it's not an idea to be entertaining....

11. trav1085

trav1085 Guest

I wasn't trying to entertaining and I'm offended that you would think I am.

Childish, immature, stupid, annoying, and downright pointless is what you're using to describe banning me over and over again, right? It goes both ways my son.

12. ddp

watch it.

13. trav1085

trav1085 Guest

what does ddp stand for? edited by ddp now that's entertaining!

eat it

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2009
  14. ddp

my initials idiot. bye.

15. iluvendo

iluvendo Active member

What happened to the "Lightning Struck" ?

16. windsong

windsong Member

I can think of 100 better sites to trade with users that are light years more trustworthy than this one.

17. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

@trav1085 if you get banned once its not the end of the world and if you come back they might even except you if your responsible but keep acting like an idiot and they will block your I.P.As for getting ripped off if you know all the users details you might be able to take legal action against them but generally if its only a small loss i wouldnt worry about it these things can happen.

18. scum101

scum101 Guest

ddp.. as we all know stands for "die divvy poster!!!" .. lmfao

[​IMG]

^^^^ ddp spots another console prat posting crap.. ^^^^

just want to add.. the only financial dealing I had with a member here was sweet as anything.. no problems at all. Guess you should look at member status and not go doing dealings with n00bs or juniors tho eh?

19. Frankwm

Frankwm Member

As I understand it, you think this sgtwesker might have ripped you off.

Since you didn't take all due precautions, you're now looking to blame Afterdawn? Jeez, take some responsibility for your actions, genius.

Caveat Emptor

20. ddp

scum101, just my initials minus 1 letter. hello flowers97.