1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nosy and overprotective parents - "they can take my PS2 but they can't take my freedom!"

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by fibonocci, Oct 10, 2009.

1. fibonocci

fibonocci Member

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum as not an ipod issue.

3. wabashman

wabashman Active member

all i have to say is whomever that guy was writing the article is a complete tool bag.

for one, ive seen AMD cpus sold in stores all the time. not sure why he would state that. if you play quake your a hacker??? well put me into that category, i grew up playing, doom, and quake. however, i never recall it being a social meeting place for hackers and gun enthusiasts to meet at.

since i spend all day on my computer i must be one hell of a hacker. to bad i didnt know this, i could have made some serious money in the mean time.

add in to the above that i did just get a new 1.5 TB hard drive. that should store plenty of other peoples information i would think.

damn, i even changed ISPs a few months ago.

well off to call the cops on myself now thanks to this tool bag douche guy.

4. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

well for starters AMD chip are sold in most stores.ive never actually used one from what ive heard they are not as good as intel chips(hope this doesn't lead to arguments
    ).quake is not a game for hackers and does not lead to gun crime.games like grand theft auto are more likely to lead to crime.i use to ask my mum to upgrade graphics cards and memory all the time so i could store music and play the latest games on her computer.sometimes i spend a few hours on a computer at a time and im not hacking usually reading forums or looking at friends photos on facebook or chatting.that article was terrible i hope AMD have a look at the article and sue them for slandering.

5. ibizagti

ibizagti Regular member

Hmmm...I'm guessing that article was written as a joke. There are some pretty outlandish claims in there.

6. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

It has to be a joke, making fun of overprotective parrents that don't know what they are talking about, and jump to false conclusions.

"They may take to carrying "glow-sticks" and some wear pacifiers around their necks"
    -Hackers don't do this...Ecstasy users do!

They might just be reading it as a joke, or they may have read it, done a tiny bit of reasearch, and realized how insane it was. If they try to use this insanity on you, tell them to go do their homework, because is is all a load of lies.

7. scum101

scum101 Guest

it's spam pure and simple... must have seen the same garbage on 100 sites this week.

8. chris4160

chris4160 Guest

You could also say you're over protective, embarassing and obsessed. "attend teen parties" sounds like somebody is having a mid-life crisis. If my parents acted this way when I was younger I would have called child protective services.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2009
  9. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

What she wrote:
    "I attend their teen parties with them to ensure no drinking or alcohol is on the premises. I keep a fatherly eye on the CDs they listen to and the shows they watch, the company they keep and the books they read. You could say I'm a model parent."

What she forgot to write:
    "I only attended one party...ever since then my child has not been invited to any parties. My son won't listen to music, watch TV, or read books...I'm not sure why, but he does not seem to want to do anything that I will let him do. I have noticed that he is using a lot of Heroin...but at least he isn't watch violent TV."

10. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

i had a friend that use to throw parties when i was younger and his dad was always there unless he was driving the drunk people home but he was cool as long as you were over 14 you could drink,smoke pot and ciggys.he didnt care but if you started a fight he'd kicked you out and if you were puking he'd make you drink some water and then take you home.

11. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

It sounds like your friend's dad was a complete m-oron, not cool. :wink:

12. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

the point i was trying to make is he kept a fatherly eye on his son without being over-protective.i dont know how it was when you were young but nowadays teenagers do party and drink and stuff if they cant do it at home they will go to parks and beaches and do it.

he paid his taxes and worked full time& paid his house off and put food on the table for his kids, raised a good family so hes not a complete moron.

13. TehUltra

TehUltra Member

Wow. Wow. The person who wrote that post is a edited by ddp (pardon my french). This is the first time that I've seen something so stupid as that. Also, AOL is a dirty fraud, they steal money from your bank account even if you unsubscribe.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  14. res2cue

res2cue Guest

you need to take note that the article was posted in 2001, there was not nearly as many internet options then as there is nowadays. AOL was huge back then.

done, sorry ddp

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2009
  15. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

And they were well known frauds back then as well. Anyone who trusted them probably also trusted enron, and though that there were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. Even back in 2001, cable modems and DSL were already very popular, and the old 56K modem was already on it's way out.

I would be amazed at the fact that AOL still exists if not for the fact that I know they keep charging people even after they cancel, and thus will have income even after they have no customers at all.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2009
  16. ddp

res2cue & KillerBug, can you edit your quotes to reflect what i did in TehUltra's post?

17. res2cue

res2cue Guest

i guess living in small town Canada high speed was just starting to become mainstream... dial up was still where it was at lol, a 56K connection? wow, I can still remember thinking i couldn't believe how fast it was haha

18. ddp

res2cue, where are you from or presently are?

19. res2cue

res2cue Guest

southern ontario, half hour south of Hamilton, a little town called Hagersville... infamous for a tire fire back in 1990.

Where abouts are you ddp?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2009
  20. ddp

pm'ed you reply.