1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out Of Body Experience

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by attar, Nov 8, 2009.

1. attar

attar Senior member

I was lurking in the Doom9 Forum (where it's best to know the answer before asking the question) when I noticed that a response to a post looked oddly familiar.
    After a few seconds it struck me that I was reading, verbatim, a response I had given to a question at Afterdawn - the niggly-wiggly irk I experienced was, ahem, mostly because the source had no attribution to Afterdawn or (blushes modestly) your fellow slave.
    Of course, I got over it pretty fast - it is the Internet - but I was wondering if others have had that willy-caught-in-the-zipper moment as well.

2. aldan

aldan Active member

naw,nobody wants to hear anything i say.LOL.

3. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

I know exactly what you mean, attar. I see alot of our advice repeated.....mainly here.....over....and over....and over....and FREAKIN OVER...!!!!

Most of our advice is either soo solid and wel proven that it's cut and pasted all over, or there are really that many thick headed people that don't want to do a basic search to find the answer themselves and want it handed to them on a silver platter.

4. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

You got a link Attar ?, it'd be worth a chuckle.

I can't think of an example at the moment but as i live on google i've often stumbled over hits that i recognise that appear to be posted on some obscure site. What i think happens is that there are copycat websites out there that have large amount of articles, jusy wish i could think of some examples to post here.

5. attar

attar Senior member

6. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

That's downright rude. Yours is an extremely useful thread too, i often refer to it when i forget how to join things. I could always reply to that one if you want, ask the doppelganger if he stole it or is in fact you from another dimension. Maybe the Hadron Collider opened up a time rift :p

7. attar

attar Senior member

The only dimension shifting I have done lately, is in my pants size.

8. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

I admit, I have posted some of the info here on another site....but, I always included where it came from and that it was not my own.

9. xboxdvl2

xboxdvl2 Regular member

i havnt noticed any forums stealing my post but i did get a few private messages a couple of years ago from people asking me to join there forums.

10. KillerBug

KillerBug Active member

Lots of stuff from AD gets posted elsewhere...I've even seen things stolen from the PS3 area on the PSN forums! Usualy it isn't verbatum...that's just lazy.