1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help installing XBOX trainers

Discussion in 'Xbox - Games' started by Dukelord, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Dukelord

Dukelord Member

I have a couple of ETM, NFO and XBTF trainers. I explored the C: partition of my XBOX and observed that it was ETM trainers that I had before. When I then tried to install the ETM trainers, I booted up and my XBOX refuses to boot past the "XBOX" logo screen, i then had to reinstall Slayers EVO-X which is what i use. Can someone pls tell me how to install the trainers properly. Thanks.

2. varnull

varnull Guest

just make a directory on C called "trainers" and put them in it.. or you can put them somewhere else as long as you change the trainers path in evox.ini.. I find they only seem to work tho if they are on C.. strange but true. I think it's something to do with the way the games are written.

3. Dukelord

Dukelord Member

There is already a partition called trainers in C: with some trainers already there. What I do is simply add the ETM trainers to the trainers folder in c: and then the XBOX hangs on bootup

4. varnull

varnull Guest

why should it do that? .. is it a softmod or something??

If there are already trainers in there adding a few more should not make any difference.. so why are these wrong ones?? look at them carefully compared to the ones already installed and work out why.

and it's a DIRECTORY not a PARTITION!!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2009
  5. Dukelord

Dukelord Member

Sorry, I meant a folder called trainers in C: and like I said, when i add new trainers to that folder, my XBOX hangs on bootup

6. varnull

varnull Guest

There must be something wrong with these files then.. maybe it's a softmod box? .. the dash is in a different place.. but as I said adding a few more trainers shouldn't do anything to the boot... They must be bad in some way.

7. Dukelord

Dukelord Member

It is a hardmodded XBOX and I uses Slayer's EVOX dashboard, Xecuter2 modchip. Can you pls give me direct download links to good working trainers(latest), preferably hosted on rapidshare.com? Thanks

8. varnull

varnull Guest

NO .. I don't know where you will get trainers these days. They are either on xbins (which I have never ever used) or on various torrent sites... search for them.. I hope you are unpacking them.. they come as zip files usually and that's no good. Unzip them should give a folder for each that looks rather like a save folder.. a couple of files sometimes. NOBODY has ever hosted them on rapidshare.. they contain M$ property code and get removed immediately. (and you should know better than to ask for links to proprietary code like that)

I have seen recently on the bay a collection of something like 3000 trainers.. must be about every common game. Think it was made around 2005 so it's probably dead. Only time I ever used one was for futurama.. I got fed up of waiting for it to restart on one very irritating level after falling off the edge 3 times..

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2009