1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DS phat NDS+GBA+GBC backup package

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by somkun, Oct 24, 2010.

1. somkun

somkun Member

I have a DSphat and need to know what set of backup devices to use.
    my top 3 factors are
    PRICE!!! (Imma poor college kid trying to learn NDS/GBA dev)
    MicroSD (i'd like to use 1 cart(per slot) for all of my games)
    GBA cart must be GBC compatable (my gba went byebye and i want to replay Yellow Version)

TALIA (thanks alot in advanced)

Som-Kun

2. penguin98

penguin98 Regular member

You want either an M3 real + ram expansion or a cycloDS with an ez 3 in 1 expansion card.

As for GBC games, I have an M3Real with ram expansion and some GBC games work by simply treating them like GBA games. But most won't. For those I use a homebrew GBC emulator. It starts like a DS rom, then lets you select a GBC game. Games run pretty well on it, but some games do have some slowdown in places.

3. somkun

somkun Member

could i get a url to buy these? and is the ram expansion gba sized or dslite sized?

4. penguin98

penguin98 Regular member

I used to use dealextreme, but they were forced to stop carrying flashcarts. Then I used priceangels, but they're sold out currently http://www.priceangels.com/M3_DS_Re...h_GBA_Expansion_Pack_for_NDSL_only_p4270.html

If you look at the pictures though, you'll see that it includes different shells for the expansion pack to allow it to work with either the original or lite DS.

Edit: It's also available here, though I've never used the site before. http://usbextremeshop.com/product_info.php?cPath=63_65&products_id=167

Last edited: Oct 24, 2010