AfterDawn Forums

How to use a Gameshark DS / DS Lite on Windows 7?

This discussion thread has 5 messages.

Hello.
About three years ago, I bought a Gameshark DS (Yes, they do exist) to backup my games' save data. I have since upgraded from XP to 7, but I cannot get the device to work. What do I need to do? Compatibility mode? Run As Administrator?? Both??? Will virtualbox work? Must I downgrade to WinXP?
▼▼ This topic has 4 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
Originally posted by wyatt8740:
Hello.
About three years ago, I bought a Gameshark DS (Yes, they do exist) to backup my games' save data. I have since upgraded from XP to 7, but I cannot get the device to work. What do I need to do? Compatibility mode? Run As Administrator?? Both??? Will virtualbox work? Must I downgrade to WinXP?
sorry the gameshark ds doesn't work anymore

you need the action replay ds in oder to continue use sorry

gameshark ds units where rigged by a nasty driver that only functions in windows xp
Originally posted by megadunderhead:

gameshark ds units where rigged by a nasty driver that only functions in windows xp
Does it have anything to do with unsigned drivers? because i can get around those with windows 7 test mode.

Hello World!

Does it have anything to do with unsigned drivers? because i can get around those with windows 7 test mode.
no it has to do with the driver searches for windows xp system files

no it has to do with the driver searches for windows xp system files
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.