1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Limited edition pikachu ds. Is it a fake?

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by jon92388, Jul 23, 2010.

1. jon92388

jon92388 Member

So my friend wants to sell me his limited edition pikachu ds i suspect it as being a fake but he says its 100% real. I took a picture of the bottom of it and was wondering if anyone here could help me thanks[​IMG]

2. penguin98

penguin98 Regular member

I can't say for sure if his is legit or not, but a limited edition pikachu DS was released in japan back in 2007, and that is a japanese DS. So it could very well be real.

There are 3rd party full DS shell replacements, so his COULD be one of those if he managed to peal off and restick his serial decal to the new shell. Very tricky to do, but possible.

3. nintenut

nintenut Regular member

I can't say for certain as I've not seen the back of a real Japanese Lite... But I can say that most (If not all) of the unofficial cases do not use dual-injected plastic, just a glossy finish.
    Looking at the dust cover, battery cover and screw holes in that picture, it looks legit to me! How much is he asking for it? :p

Last edited: Jul 24, 2010
  4. jon92388

jon92388 Member

well the ds is real for sure i thought it was fake because thats not a japanese serial number but i pulled it off and under it was the real japanese one and i only paid 80 for it. i got such an amazing deal on it i can hardly believe it haha

Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
  5. Mickoz74

Mickoz74 Active member

i had a fake one back is in english same barcode style no top black sticker

6. Mickoz74

Mickoz74 Active member

in the corners where the screw goes is it Phillips or th nintendo security style thats a good sign

7. jon92388

jon92388 Member

The ds is real under that serial number was the real Japanese one. nintendo had replaced it's touch screen I am guessing they put that there anyways I pealed it off and it had the Japanese one under it. I am just lucky I guess

8. jon92388

jon92388 Member

here is photos of it the first one shows the us serial number by the ds and the second one is the top of the ds
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    as you can see unlike the fake shells it has the double injected shell and its 100% real

Last edited: Aug 3, 2010