1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nintendo DS Flash SD Card, GBA Games not working...

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by retroborg, May 8, 2014.

1. retroborg

retroborg Regular member

Good day,
    I recently obtained a Flash SD Card to be able to play ROMS on my Nintendo DS. It came along with the appropriate loader software all ready installed.
    It boots up fine by selecting “Metroid Prime Hunters Demo” from the menu and all DS games and mp3 music files seem to work fine and it even saves in real time, but when I try to load a GBA Roms, this error message comes up prompting me that there is no flash cartridge inserted in Slot 2 (The GBA Slot).
    There was no Slot 2 Cartridge included in the package and I have tried inserting a regular GBA Cartridge, in case it needed some data from it, but with no success. None of the GBA Roms work and the error message persists.
    So, what exactly am I doing wrong? Am I missing something from this package? I asked the supplier and he said that there was no Slot 2 cartridge included in this package and I needed to upgrade the loader software of the flash SD Card to support GBA Roms.

Any help to make GBA Roms work on this, will be highly appreciated
    Thanks in advance.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. brandon3

brandon3 Newbie

So your flashcart is which one? As i know that DStwo is the best slot_1 card. you dont need buy any slot_2 card or some other extra things to use it to play gba games.Till now dstwo is considered as the best gba game card.

And if not dstwo, and neither EZFlash IV( i can see from the package) , then if it is r4i gold 3ds or other r4 flashcart, you should use another EZflahs 3 in 1 with it to play GBA games.

As to the gba games, For NDS/NDSL users, you can use EZflahs 3 in 1. For 3ds users, if your N3DS is V6.1 or lower version, you can choose gateway blue card, but remember that for all 3ds game cards only support N3DS/XL FW Stayed on v4.5-4.1. For DSi/3DS Users, dstwo is your only choice. So if you really want to play GBA games, and your card is not dstwo like this one : http://www.r4depot.com/10-supercard-dstwo-for-nintendo-dsldsi3ds3ds-xl2ds.html , you should buy another EZflahs 3 in 1.

3. retroborg

retroborg Regular member

My Flash cart is in Slot 1 and works fine for DS Roms & Mp3s, but it will not play GBA Roms as it seeks for some Slot 2 cartridge which I do not have.
    So, is there a way to make this specific slot 1 card, to play GBA games (by upgrading the software) without buying new hardware?

Thanks in advance

Last edited: May 8, 2014
  4. brandon3

brandon3 Newbie

So you still not tell me which your card is, or you can see the offical site printed on the screen of the card or simply take a picture of card , this time , remember the front, not back.

5. retroborg

retroborg Regular member

My card is just a no-name Slot 1 card with nothing written on it. It had "R4" written on it with a marker and the booted software menus are as shown above.
    I hope this helps.

6. brandon3

brandon3 Newbie

So seems your card is one r4i card, maybe r4i gold or r4i sdhc 3ds, sorry to tell you that if you want to play GBA games with it on your DS console, you must buy another EZflahsh 3 in 1.

But still suggest you to buy dstwo that i said above, the best GBA card, no need to buy other extra things.

7. retroborg

retroborg Regular member

Wouldn't a GBA emulator work on my current card? I would need to buy another ez flash 3in1 package?

8. retroborg

retroborg Regular member

OK, so where can I buy a GBA Slot 2 Flashcat to load some GBA Roms on it and play on my DS Lite.
    Oh buy the way, would such a Slot 2 Flashcart work on a GBA SP and be able to play GBA Roms?

Last edited: May 8, 2014
  9. brandon3

brandon3 Newbie

So you want to buy ez flash 3in1 and use it with your r4 flashcart or you want to buy dstwo directly to play GBA games. I haven't used the ez flash 3 in 1, i used the dstwo which i purchased from http://www.r4depot.com/10-supercard-dstwo-for-nintendo-dsldsi3ds3ds-xl2ds.html it comes with gba/snes emulator, and it was also the best slot_1 card, it has 100% game compatibility and can play gba games without slot-2.

Besides, there is one instruction they told me about how to play GBA games with dstwo, you can check it if you ordered the dstwo: http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-run-Homebrew-on-your-Nintendo-DS/.

And as to the store, preflashed firmware, free shipping. They are one of the most reliable r4i cards dealers based on my own experiences, just give you a reference.

10. retroborg

retroborg Regular member

OK, so I thought I would try this GBA ExpLoader:
    http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/applications/download-gba-exploader-0-58b0mx-f10382.html

I copied the GBA ExpLoader files in the root of the Slot 1 flashcard, I created 2 directories "GBA" and "GBA_SAVE." in the R4's MicroSD card and copied the GBA Roms into the "GBA" directory; I inserted it into the R4 cartridge and into the Slot 1 of the DS Lite and I loaded the "GBA_ExpLoader_058b0_MX.nds" from the list:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

How ever this error message appears telling me that Slot 2 Expansion pack was not found:

[​IMG]

Either I press “A” or “B”…

[​IMG]

This comes up:

[​IMG]

And when I choose a GBA Rom from the list in the Slot 1 flashcart, it begins to load, the Gameboy Advance bootup screen appears, but no game loads up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

So there is no way to load the GBA Roms from the Slot 1 flashcart?

Last edited: May 9, 2014
  11. retroborg

retroborg Regular member