1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

updating acekard 2i is it nessisary

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by freewii, Feb 5, 2012.

1. freewii

freewii Member

hi i have a ndsi for my son and use the acekard 2i. my question is this,do i need to update my card or leave it as it is. the ndsi is running on 1.4.1E. there are no issues with it but im aware there have been a few updates for the card.

if the dsi was updated in error it would render the card useless?
    so would it be best to update the card and then update the dsi.for safety sake.
    do i just update the latest firmware to the card and then the dsi.

cheers guys a great site

Last edited: Feb 5, 2012
  2. henkvisser

henkvisser Member

The best choose i recommend: update the ak2i first, update the DSi second.

Just use this update patch to update your acekard 2i to support the DSi V1.43, then you can update the DSi at any time.. http://www.acekard.com/download/ak2/ak2ifw_update_3ds3.0_DSi143.zip

Just in case you update your DSi before you update your card by accident. So i suggest you do the update,

3. Calvinard

Calvinard Member

yeah,never update your console before updating your card.Yet,as far as i knew,acekard 2i can directly work well on dsi latest firmware without any updating.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
  4. jakdor

jakdor Member

Hi Guys

Talking about the Acekard 2i I have just got another one & followed all the step by step guides from Youtube & downloaded all the firmware etc from the Acekard site & my DSI XL will not work properly. It goes so far through to the start of the games & then says the DS Card has been removed, any ideas?

5. shalome

shalome Regular member

6. jakdor

jakdor Member

Hi Shalome
    Thanks for your reply, I have done what you suggested & even bought a new sd card & still having problems I either get a blank black screen after it says its loading the game or i get a message saying DS Card has been removed! Turn off power, reinsert DS Card, then turn power back on.
    I have been in touch with the company I bought the Acekard 2i from & they have taken me through some various stages which has confirmed the Acekard itself is ok & working. Anymore thoughts/ideas as I have been trying over a week to get this thing working & it's really getting to me now. I forgot to mention it works ok on my DS Lite.

Last edited: May 21, 2012
  7. shalome

shalome Regular member