AfterDawn Forums

p2p with a friend

This discussion thread has 5 messages.

is there a way to share files with a friend? him and i are using oneswarm but was wondering if there are any alternatives?
▼▼ This topic has 4 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
Originally posted by lvilela10:
is there a way to share files with a friend? him and i are using oneswarm but was wondering if there are any alternatives?
Probably quite a few. I have used Gigatribe which is quite good.
I did read somewhere that you can use a torrent client to connect direct to each other to share files, I havent tried it though, I did use FTP for a while to do this, was ok for smaller files but took a while with larger ones but then again my UL speed wasnt all that good.
It's so simple it's beyond belief.. just install Azureus (now they call it vuse and it comes with all kinds of crap bundled which you don't need.. an older version will work beaut.. and it's free) and then set up the internal tracker which comes built in.. you make your torrents in exactly the same way as you would if using an external tracker.
Then you just send your friend the link with your ip and the tracker login via irc/email/whatever you prefer.. make sure you ONLY send these details to the people you want to access your home tracker and use encryption and you are as close to 100% secure as it's possible to get ;)

I used a dedicated machine on my home network to run these services for over 2 years sharing files with my friends across the world.. some forum members can vouch for this.. it was my preferred way to share MY copyright free music. The use of a tracker at home in this way if sharing with a few select people seriously cuts your upload as seen by your isp.

ARR! Them pesky Navy! Get out of my sea!
irc://irc.villageirc.net/afterdawn http://www.pirateparty.org.uk/
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.