AfterDawn Forums

uTorrent Alternatives

This discussion thread has 6 messages.

Hey All

Thanks for stopping by. I am using the new version of uTorrent and hate the interface. Is there a way to change the downloads so it reads just the download information...? You download speeed and what not? It seems as though if I change it on one thing it changes it on the uploads section.

Thanks
▼▼ This topic has 5 answers - they are below this advertisement ▼▼
AfterDawn Advertisement
simulous Suspended due non-functional email address
qBittorrent - excellent alternative to uTorrent.

I was a getting board with utorrent, and annoyed of the little additions being added here and there. Also each new version seemed to slow your down if you were a little tight with the upload. No matter what settings i changed. qBittorrent all the way for me, glad i found it. www.qbittorrent.org
Originally posted by simulous:

I was a getting board with utorrent, and annoyed of the little additions being added here and there. Also each new version seemed to slow your down if you were a little tight with the upload. No matter what settings i changed. qBittorrent all the way for me, glad i found it. www.qbittorrent.org
the alternative i found was usenet i know, not free, but it seems to be easier once you get all the pieces n place (usenet - i got theusenet.com, newzbin.com and grabit) then you can download w/o anyone knowing and traking. just make sure to get ssl
Frostwire. It works well for me
Originally posted by birdiebandit18:
Originally posted by simulous:

the alternative i found was usenet i know, not free, but it seems to be easier once you get all the pieces n place (usenet - i got theusenet.com, newzbin.com and grabit) then you can download w/o anyone knowing and traking. just make sure to get ssl
I used that once or twice before. I wasnt a big fan but thanks for the suggestion. I am trying qbitorrent now and i really dont like the way you cant set it up for a speed test to test your settings but so far so good.
i've used a fair few torrent downloaders in my time some of the best ones like utorrent vuze all seem to of gotten slower with age.
after playing about with linux i found a really good one which is transmision but i couldn't get that to work with windows 7, i then found qbittorrent which seems like a lite and i mean very lite version of utorrent.

speaking of utorrent i thought i would give it a try again so i got version 3.1 things started fine then i was getting a disk overload error which slowed things down, after googling about it seems to be some sort of a bug in the new version of utorrent so i went back to version 2.2.1 and everything is sweet agian.

So qbittorrent or utorrent 2.2.1 is a good safe bet imo
This discussion thread has been automatically closed, as it hasn't received any new posts during the last 180 days. This means that you can't post replies or new questions to this discussion thread.

If you have something to add to this topic, use this page to post your question or comments to a new discussion thread.