1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V synch problem w/DVD Flick, .vobs on HD ok, DVDR not

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by whereseric, Apr 12, 2012.

1. whereseric

whereseric Member

Hello,
    The first time I used DVD Flick was when I successfully created a DVD w/menu for six .AVI files.

I then tried using it to create a DVD w/menu for 6 .mkv files and it seemed to run successfully. However, after burning the .iso to a dual layer DVD-R, I noticed the audio and video were out of sync on the DVD-R, it wasn't very bad but it is noticeable (the original 6 .mkvs were in sync). I played the .VOB files DVD Flick created on my hard drive with VLC and noticed the audio and video seem to be in perfect synchronization. Any idea what the problem could be? I was using imgbrn to burn the ISO (selecting the .Mds file) onto a Verbatim dual layer disc. For what it's worth, my PC has an i70 870 with 12 GB of RAM and I wasn't using the PC during the burning process.

Any thoughts on how I can get these .VOB files to a dual layer DVD-R without the synchronization problem? I'd hate to have to run DVD Flick again for the .mkvs. Also, I know video and audio files can take a long time to convert but it took DVD Flick almost 2 days to process the six .mkv files(45 min. each), can I expect that same processing time if I use a different DVD authoring application?

Thanks for any info you can provide.

2. attar

attar Senior member

So it's not a DVD+R DL?
    Lightning UK! says that only the DVD+R DL are acceptable - I'm not sure why except that it's been mentioned that the layer break in DVD-R DL causes problems.
    And two days seems way out of order for 4.5 hours of video - perhaps try AVStoDVD instead, which I know can use multiple cores (DVD Flick is supposed to do that automatically under 'Project Settings' > 'Threads').

Since the VOB files play back ok from the HDD, consider posting at the ImgBurn site if the problem repeats.

3. hello_hello

hello_hello Member

What sort of CPU does your PC have? 2 days is very slow if you're using a multicore CPU.