1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Avidemux 2.5 help needed

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by Rocks911, Jul 9, 2009.

1. Rocks911

Rocks911 Member

I must be some kinda dummy but I cant figure out how to save a project I'm working on in Avidemux 2.5

I copied a camping DVD I own and edited it. Now I want to save it and am having no luck. I've looked at guides online but all of them are an older version of the software and dont really apply.

So I edit the footage, then on the left of the screen I select VIDEO-DVD, AUDIO-PCM, FORMAT-MPEG-PS(A+V) I then go to FILE/SAVE/SAVE VIDEO and I specifiy my desktop. The result is a file that sits on my desktop that is not recognized.

How do I go about editing then burning on a DVD or even just save on a memory card?

2. Rocks911

Rocks911 Member

Actually I got it to work by selecting COPY in VIDEO and AUDIO and setting format to MPEG-PS(A+V) but it still saved it as an unrecognized file. When I click on it it brings up the menu "what do you want to open this with"? When I select Windows Media Player it tells me the format is not recognized but after a minute it plays.

Kinda quirky.

3. attar

attar Senior member

Saving the file in AviDemux, you have to supply the file extension (mymovie.mpg, mymovie.avi etc) depending on the format.
    In your case it's .mpg